Fishtail Cottage's Christmas 2016... #4

Oh my gosh! I am so excited.... I had seen this idea somewhere (probably Pinterest) almost five years ago before we did our great room remodel.  A mix of wood rounds filled to the brim of this amazing faux fireplace mantle that I found while out shopping. I've dreamed of doing it myself....you know that long list of something we would love to do "someday"?  But doing it myself and actually doing it have not paired well together.  Well, my dear friend that did the original construction of our remodel, took sometime to create this insert for me just in time for Christmas.  He came over and installed it today and I'm floored with how much cozier the room is.  It feels more warm and inviting with something so simple!  I couldn't wait to photograph pictures and share with you this dreamy little nook in my home. I won't say much more, just sharing the photo's!
 

Unbelievable right? Such a busy time of year for everyone so I want to thank you for taking the time to come over and see what I am sharing.  Finally crossing something I've wanted to do for years from my list feels so good.  It makes me wonder what inspiring ideas you have thought up but never have gotten to doing?  Look forward to hearing from you! xoox, tracie



Comments

Ooh, I just love the wood insert!! It looks amazing!
Unknown said…
LUV!!! Makes me want to create a faux mantle just to have one.
Unknown said…
Always an absolute pleasure working with you Tracie!
awal.ny said…
Beautiful pictures. I love the fireplace wood, I am going to have to show my husband to put on his honey make list. Have a wonderful Christmas. Alaina
Isn't it amazing how much impact a simple, natural element has? Absolutely beautiful!!!
I love that idea and it gives the room a woodland feel. So pretty! I have always wanted to make a vintage ornament wreath and I am in the process of doing it right now. I hope I finish this year. It is harder than I thought!
GranthamLynn said…
Oh my goodness. I love your fireplace. You have really inspired me!
This is a wonderful post. I loved it. Thanks for linking at The Count Down To Christmas. The new link is up. Come over and link this and any Christmas post.
I'd love to see some archives too!
http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-2016-2.html
Link up and let's party.
Merry Christmas!
Unknown said…
I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

Popular Posts